Landen is making some awesome progress with potty training.
FINALLY! He gets SO excited about wearing big boy underwear! We are so proud of
him! He does, however, not have much success using the potty at school. I think
it’s a pressure thing… At home, he knows mommy and daddy are trying to help him
with a goal that HE wants. At school, it’s more of a forced issue. He is really
cute getting excited about his underwear. He keeps running up to
me/Keith/anyone saying, “I wearin unnnderwear! Wanna see?!” then proceeds to
show off is undies with the biggest smile on his face.
![]() |
| Landen (not wearing his glasses bc he was cuddling with me) |
Brayden is such a precious little guy. He just LOVES his big
brother (who absolutely ADORES him, too!)! They are learning how to really play
together now, and it is such an awesome thing to watch. We initially thought Brayden had a virus last
week, but the more investigating we do, the more it seems he is having some
milk sensitivity. Previously, we had been giving him formula (or breast milk)
and that seemed to be fine. Then we started mixing a little milk in with the
formula (still okay). Once we started mixing more milk and less formula, his
diapers started going rotten. Last week,
we really began the 3/4-7/8 Milk to formula ratio. Things went bad, quick.
Terrible diarrhea, vomiting, gas, fussiness, etc. all entered our lives. Over
the weekend, we were at my mother-in-law’s house and we gave Brayden just
straight milk with no formula and he starts projectile-vomiting, all over Keith’s
mom. (SORRY!!!) Keith’s mom and brother
are both lactose intolerant, so it wouldn't be entirely out of the question for
one of our children to be. We've decided to try soy milk for a while and see
how that goes. Last night, Brayden had soy milk and kept it down fine. Time
will tell.
![]() |
| This just makes me laugh... |
![]() |
| Brayden playing on brother's tricycle |
Keith just finished his first clinical rotation. He did SO
well and I am so incredibly proud of him! He has the next two weeks off, so he’ll
be keeping the boys home with him. This couldn't be better timing, with Brayden’s
digestion issues and Landen’s potty training.
And finally….
![]() |
| We’re having another baby! |
Being pregnant, for me can be a bit frightening. I've had
some crazy complicated pregnancies so far and that can be unnerving for anyone
involved, but I know that whether I have preeclampsia again, a full term normal
pregnancy, or something completely different, I know it’s in God’s hands. With
that, I find immense peace! It’s been a bit of a bumpy ride so far. Aside from
having morning (all day EXCEPT morning) sickness and my typical bizarre
cravings, I have had some a lot of bleeding/cramping. It started on Friday,
4/26 and lasted through Sunday, 4/28. Then I had a terrible (like the worst one
ever on planet earth) 24 hour stomach bug. I had a little spotting after that,
but not bad. Then, on Saturday, 5/4 I woke up bleeding, it was a little more
than spotting but not significant; by Saturday evening, it was EXTREME. As of
last night, the bleeding had stopped completely. So far, after exams and
ultrasounds, there is no known cause for the bleeding/cramping and baby looks
just fine! BUT because of the bleeding, I am not allowed to lift anything = not
my kids, not groceries, not car seats, nothing bigger than a 5 lb bag of sugar.
On the upside, I have gotten to see the little peanut several times, and I have
to go back this afternoon for another peek.
Please keep this sweet baby and my body in your prayers, as he/she
is trying to have a safe little home in the body that doesn't seem to want to
cooperate.
Cravings so far:
- Beef stew
- Eggs Benedict & a Peach Smoothie
- NOT banana sandwiches (it may be a while before I eat one of those again)
- NOT rice & beans (again with the time-to-recover)
- Green grapes
- Lumpless yogurt… I can’t explain it other than the fruit chunks aren’t going over well
- Filet Mignon




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments!