About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Peanut = Cauliflower

Week 27: Cauliflower

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

Life Update:
  1. Keith and I have been sick! --> we’ve had walking pneumonia
  2. Landen has a never ending ear infection --> I kid you not, he has had an ear infection since sometime in October
  3. Gus, our cat, attempted suicide --> he ate a ribbon, which formed a ball in his stomach, that caused constant vomiting and an inability to eat or drink, which led us to the vet, ultimately forcing the vet to do emergency surgery, and our bank account plummeted! Pictures are below... in Exhibit A
  4. Though my Christmas tree decorating skills are limited, I did manage to make a decent looking star for our tree topper. Pictures are below... in Exhibit B
  5. After SEVERAL attempts at ornament decorating, my one and only tree worthy (and picture worthy) ornament is the Snow Family. Pictures are below... in Exhibit C.
  6. Landen had his 18 month check up. I cannot believe he is 1 ½  years old! His measurements crack me up though. Weight: 23½ pounds (10%-25%) Height: 32 ½ inches ( 50% ) Head Circumference: 19 ½ (90%) I mean, it's a good thing we have the ability to see him in person or via camera. otherwise he would come off as a bean pole with a pumpkin for a head... I made a picture, but I cannot get it to load, but I feel confident that anyone can imagine the pumpkin headed beanpole child. 
Pregnancy Update:

  1. How far along? 27 weeks 0 day
  2. Total weight gain? -2 lbs (due entirely to my being sick)
  3. Fundal height? I have no idea
  4. Baby bump? Absolutely
  5. Maternity Clothes? Yep! I do wish I had more winter maternity clothes… With Landen being born in June, I didn’t have a need for sleeves during that pregnancy
  6. Movement? Definitely feeling him move all the time!
  7. Cravings? Cookie dough
  8. Aversions? Meats and onions
  9. Symptoms? Pains (back, sciatic, leg, hip, neck, etc), Cramps (stomach, back, and into my thighs), Legs falling asleep, Headaches, TIRED, Forgetfulness, Cranky, Heartburn, and a few unmentionables
  10. Sleep? If I could JUST GET COMFORTABLE and have normal dreams without waking 25 times to pee or switch sides!
  11. Gender? Boy! He’s a nameless child… Keith and I have been talking the past couple days about a name… so far we agree that we don’t want a name that will be shortened (i.e. Jeffery – Jeff) and we don’t want to call him by his middle name… that’s as far as we have made it
  12. Belly button? In but rather shallow
  13. What I miss? Energy, sleep, easy mobility, lying down without getting heartburn, etc
  14. What I’m looking forward to? Naming this baby! Christmas!
  15. Concerns? Maternity leave (or lack thereof). Holiday stress.
  16. Blessings? My blood pressure maintaining. Having a job. Keith. Landen. Family. Friends. Landen’s daycare <-- especially last week when Keith and I were so sick!
  17. Pictures:
    • Exhibit A: Cat + Ribbon = Surgically scarred cat


The ribbon


The cat (with shaved leg for IV)


The end result (FYI he is laying on his left side with head away from camera)

    • Exhibit B: Felt star - 5 felt pieces (cut into squares) + 1 button + needle and yellow thread =
    • 
      The felt star I made for our Christmas tree
      
    • Exhibit C: The one, and ONLY, presentable ornament I was able to make for our Christmas tree - Snow Family
Year


Daddy snowman (Keith) and Landen snowkid



Momma snowwoman (Me) and Daddy snowman (Keith) 


3 comments:

  1. Feed that boy! And stop eating cookie dough... Raw eggs are not a good idea when you're preggo! Glad you, Keith, & Gus are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis!

    We DO feed him... I think he has Keith's metabolism genes.

    There's raw eggs in the store bought cookie dough?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there are raw eggs in store bought cookie dough. somewhere on the package there will be a warning about not consuming it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!