This week: Baby is the size of a Chinese cabbage By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
28 Week Doctor’s Report:
- My blood pressure was 102/64 this morning!! I am officially in my 3rd trimester.
- I failed my 1 hour glucose test, so I have to go back next week for the 3 hour glucose test… YUCK!
- Peanut is measuring 31 wks 0 days… his head circumference is 32 weeks!!! This is not a good trend, but it’s great that he isn’t measuring too small – a common occurrence for women with chronic hypertension
- I am now on the every two week doctor appointment plan, but I will continue with the every four week ultrasounds
Life Update:
Christmas was draining nervewracking different this year...
- My sister had her baby on December 23rd... both mom and baby are absolutely beautiful and healthy!
- We didn't get to visit my sister because my doctor doesn't want me travelling, I STILL feel aweful that I couldn't be there for her!! She was SO supportive when I was having Landen, and I don't think I can ever relay how much I appreciated that!
- My parents, obviously, went to be with my sister so Christmas with my side of the family was postponed... no big deal!
- Landen had a high fever on Christmas Eve and had a Febrile Seizure... THAT was one of the most terrifying things I have ever experienced. We called 911 and he was taked to the ER.
- We got home around midnight Christmas Eve... Santa was still able to visit despite the late night :D
- Christmas morning was fun (despite Landen not feeling well), we watched Landen open his gifts from Santa and then we went over to Meemaw's house (Keith's mom) for Christmas with the Thomas family.
- Landen was still running a fever on Christmas day, so we were keeping him on tylenol and motrin constantly. By mid afternoon, the fever wasn't responding very well to the medicine so we stripped him down to the diaper and periodically put a wet rag on his neck to cool him down.
- By 7pm Landen's fever hit 105.3*F with cold compresses on his groin, neck, and arm pits... so we head back to the ER! Luckily, he didn't have another seizure!
- The ER Conclusion? AN EAR INFECTION!?!?!! What is this madness!?! SO, he got a Rocefin shot at the ER, he got a 2nd Rocefin shot Monday at the pediatrician, and he got a 3rd Rocefin shot yesterday at the pediatrician. He seems to be feeling a little better now... still running a fever, but not a high one.
- The pediatrician is contacting an ENT for us so we can hopefully get rid of this dang ear infection!
- Keith has a cold, or something of the sort...
Pregnancy Update:
- How far along? 28 weeks 1 day
- Total Weight Gain? 3 lbs
- Fundal Height? 28 cm
- Baby Heart Rate? 140s bpm
- Baby Bump? I’m still carrying him low
- Movement? Definitely feeling him move all the time!
- Cravings? Peppermint chocolate chip milkshake (Chik-fil-A) and my mom’s Christmas Eve dinner (we didn’t get to celebrate Christmas with them yet so I’m looking forward to that this weekend)
- Aversions? Meats
- Symptoms? Pains (back, sciatic, leg, hip, neck, etc), Cramps (stomach, back, and into my thighs), Legs falling asleep, Congested, Headaches, TIRED, Forgetfulness, Heartburn, and a few unmentionables
- Sleep? If I could JUST GET COMFORTABLE and have normal dreams without waking 25 times to pee or switch sides!
- Gender? Boy! He’s still a nameless child
- Belly button? In but rather shallow
- What I miss? Energy, sleep, easy mobility, lying down without getting heartburn, etc
- What I’m looking forward to? Naming this baby! Celebrating Christmas with my parents!
- Concerns? Maternity leave (or lack thereof). Retaking this stupid blood sugar test… I REALLY don’t want to have gestational diabetes!!!!!!!
- Blessings? My sister had her baby – Haleigh Rae on December 23 at 8:30pm – she weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and was 19 in long – they both are doing great! My blood pressure maintaining. Having a job. Keith. Landen. Family. Friends.
- Picture:
![]() |
| Peanut... facing the right with his mouth open |

Oh goodness! That DOES sound like a crazy Christmas! I hope everyone is feeling better. Wow!
ReplyDelete