About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Brayden is getting BIG and so am I! - Updated


Week 30: Large Cabbage
This week: Baby Brayden rivals a good-size cabbage in weight, tipping the scales this week at 3 pounds (<--- Actually 2 weeks ago he was weighing 3.5 lbs) (Length: about 15 3/4 inches, head to heel) . A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
Life Update:
Keith started back to school. Landen is attending daycare 5 days a week. Landen has an appointment tomorrow with a Pediatric ENT to schedule surgery for tubes in his ears. Keith bought a 20 bag of pinto beans while grocery shopping --> an attempt to be economical... so we MAY be buying stock in Beano or Gas-X in the very near future! I have approximately 7 more weeks of pregnancy! Oh, and ROLL TIDE!!!!!

Pregnancy Update:
  1. How far along? 30 weeks 0 day 30 weeks 2 day
  2. Total Weight Gain? I won’t know until Wednesday 7 lbs
  3. Fundal Height? I won’t know until Wednesday 30 cm
  4. Baby Heart Rate? I’m guessing it is probably still in the 140s in the 150's
  5. Baby Bump?  YES! It is definitely getting in my way… but hey, if you need your table/counter wiped off, you just let me know I’ll be glad to wear your food/dust/flour/etc across my belly!
  6. Movement? He is moving and getting quite strong!
  7. Cravings? Pizza and Caesar salad dressing… still!
  8. Aversions? Meats
  9. Symptoms? Contractions, Pains (back, sciatic, leg, hip, neck, etc), Cramps (stomach, back, and into my thighs), Hands and feet beginning to swell, Legs falling asleep, Headaches, TIRED, Forgetfulness,  Heartburn, and a few unmentionables
  10. Sleep? I wish I could get some decent sleep!! Between bathroom trips, contractions, uncomfortableness, and ridiculous dreams… it’s practically a lost cause. Seriously, my dreams seem to be combining every awkward moment in my life and every argument I’ve ever had with any unknowns I currently have in my life... what the heck!?!
  11. Gender? Boy! Brayden Daniel Thomas
  12. Belly button? In, but shallow
  13. What I miss? Being able to adjust the seat in my car, Energy, Sleep, Mobility, Laying down without getting heartburn, Seeing the stairs as I am descending/ascending, etc
  14. What I’m looking forward to? bedtime
  15. Concerns? Unpaid maternity leave. Retaking this stupid blood sugar test… I REALLY don’t want to have gestational diabetes!!!!!!! And I really don’t want to show my face in the doctor’s office lab again after puking EVERYWHERE on my 1st attempt at the 3 hour glucose test last week!!
**NOTE** I was looking at my pregnancy journal from when I was expecting Landen. I failed the 1st glucose test (the 1 hour one) with Landen, too. To pass it, your blood sugar level has to be under 140 – with Landen, mine was 167 and with Brayden it was 173. Hopefully, with the levels being so similar, I will pass this 3 hour test tomorrow and be in the clear!! I just need to keep the syrup in my tummy long enough to actually take the test!

Well, I had to stay the FULL time to take the Glucose test because in hour 2 my blood sugar went UP!? I still don't understand that! Ultimately, I now know that I DO NOT have gestational diabetes!! WOOHOO!! And, as far as showing my face in the office again, everyone was really nice and even let me lay down in a dark room with my very own trash can... just.in.case.
  1. Blessings? My blood pressure seems to be maintaining. Having a job. Keith. Landen. Family. Friends. Landen’s daycare. Normal blood sugar!
  2. Pictures:
  3. 
    Landen with my Grandmother (90 yr old)... I wish she were looking at the camera.
     
    Sweet little package :)
    
    Our little family of 3 1/2
    
    Thought this would be a cute picture, but every time I try to post it on here it shows up sideways... whatever.
    
    He finally got the concept of toys being in the stocking
    Landen getting opening his "Big Boy Bed" (toddler bed)

1 comment:

  1. You look FABULOUS!! Wow - you seriously don't look that far along. And I love, love LOVE the name!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!