About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Is it too late to say Happy New Year?


It has been quite a while since my last post, though not for lack of material. Living with two kids (now ages 1 yr and 2 ½ yrs) leave little to no room for boredom, event-less days, etc.

With that being said… I haven’t been able to post because a few things have been going on in my life lately…
  • Landen got glasses à His cute quirkiness in running around all clumsy-like was ultimately because he couldn't see... talk about feeling like a crummy parent!
  • Brayden turned ONE à He may be a little bitty thing, but the kid can climb like a monkey, crawl like he’s fleeing for his life, eat like he’s been starved for his entire existence, bite like the Jaws of Life, and SO MUCH MORE…
  • Keith started clinicals à Our schedule is now flipped upside-down and sideways…
  • Cali has accepted our home as her own à Somewhat of a transition from life as an outdoor cat to the life of an indoor cat in a home of toddlers
  • Brayden likes cat litter à It is UNREAL how quickly he can B-line to the litter box… EVEN when we have multiple baricades
  • Landen is potty training à the NEVER.ENDING.PROCESS. I am beginning to wonder if he will EVER get out of diapers
  • Baby proofing is a joke à outlet plugs aren't nearly as effective when the baby figures out how to remove them from the outlet… to CHEW on the plug while prodding the outlet! It’s scary!
  • We don’t have phones, internet, or television at home à we’re basically the Flintstones
  • We fly through cars à probably not a good quality, but in my defense it’s not always our fault… the car repair place totaled it during a test drive
  • I got a sewing machine à I’m becoming domesticated I suppose…
  • Then there was Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Haleigh’s Birthday, LIFE group, work, etc. on top of busted lips, falls down the stairs (primarily me and Keith), splinters, goose eggs, falling off the bed (all 4 of us at some point), wiping out on the sidewalk/driveway/playground/kitchen, more scrapes and bruises than I can count, slips, pinched fingers, blow outs that require immediate baths of both child AND adult involved, and the list goes on and on, yet I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!


This past weekend, Brayden turned ONE! I’ve never really been one for themed parties, but with the evolution of Pinterest, I thought I’d give it a go.

We had a Very Hungry Caterpillar themed birthday party for Brayden. I think it turned out really well!

Here are some pictures from the party…
The Gift Table

The 1st year in pictures

Birth - 6 mos

7 mos - 12 mos (*minus 9 mos.... i forgot to take that one)

Birthday Boy with his Hat and Tie Onsie

Bean Bag Toss... the bean bags are to "feed" the Hungry Caterpillar

The Cake (from Publix)

The Smash Cake (from Publix)

Grape Caterpillars and Colorful Candies

Pinwheel Sandwiches and Pigs in a Blanket

Drinks
Lemonade with Colored Frozen Lemons

Close up of the Colored Frozen Lemons
Balloon Caterpillar
Refreshment Table
Family Picture
Birthday Boy loving some cake!
Bean Bag Toss

I had so much fun making the decorations for this party, and even just as much fun AT the party!

Happy Birthday to my sweet baby Brayden! Mommy Loves you SO MUCH!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why but I JUST realized you have a blog! So glad I found it. Wish so much that we could have seen y'all at Shades the other weekend when we spoke at our parent's sunday school. Thanks for praying for us and for following the blog... I love when you comment :). So glad I get to start following your fam through YOUR blog! Hope you have a great rest of the week! Love, Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found my blog, too! I was really disappointed we weren't able to make it to Shades to see you guys! I just love following your blog! Have a wonderful week! Love, Adrienne

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!