About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Father's Day that wasn't...

Well... He didn't get the praise or recognition he deserved. He didn't get the rest and relaxation that he needed. He didn't get any gifts, special meals, etc made just for him from me or the boys. We need a do-over!

I have avoided catching the "bug" that's been passed around our office for the past month, that is... up until this weekend. Of all weekends, it had to be FATHER'S DAY weekend. Being sick AND pregnant, I didn't feel like getting up to brush my teeth or take a shower, so doing something special for anyone seemed impossible. I didn't feel like having ANY kind of noise around me, so quality time with Keith was shot and keeping the kids so Keith could have some time to himself was unthinkable. The idea of food made me nauseated, so cooking/dining was out of the question. To be perfectly honest... when I woke up on Sunday, I completely forgot about it being Father's Day... ALL I could think of was the fact that my head was actually splitting open, caving  in, bursting, and pounding all at the same time!  Keith got gypped!

The thing is, Keith, of all people deserves to be recognized, honored, even pampered (for lack of a more masculine word) on any day... ESPECIALLY Father's Day!

Keith is an INCREDIBLE spiritual leader, husband, daddy, and friend. He is one of the most hardworking selfless people I know. Being married to someone with chronic pain, who is pregnant, while going to school full time, and having two toddlers, he NEVER gets a day off. Keith does the majority of house work, almost all the cooking, plays with the boys, cleans the litter-box, pumps the gas, handles grocery shopping, takes care of Brayden during large chunks of the night, studies his school stuff, etc. and still manages to wake up at 4:30 every morning to do his quiet time. Even with all this on his plate, he maintains an awesome attitude and never gives up... more than that, he'll even offer to rub my feet! Keith most definitely exemplifies the meaning of having a servant's heart!


He is my superman and he deserves to be honored! 



We WILL have a Father's Day do-over! In the meantime, I just want it to be known that I couldn't have asked for a better husband, partner, or daddy for our children! I am so incredibly blessed!


 










 






I LOVE YOU! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!