About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Monday, July 1, 2013

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!

We learned this past week that baby #3 is a BOY!

I was certain this one was going to be a girl… partially because Landen was certain it was a girl and because I am easily persuaded by my 3 year old, apparently.

Landen: 3 years

No longer seems to care about snuggling with Curious George at bedtime… he is OBSESSED with a stuffed 3.5 inch tall stuffed reindeer with a gimp antler (thrown to us during a Christmas parade). He LOVES it! It doesn’t have any special name; Landen just calls it his reindeer. Keith and I seriously hate that stupid reindeer because it is SO SMALL. It gets lost multiple times each day and the Where’s Waldo skills of a 3 year old are pretty useless, so we are regularly on the floor searching for this toy – his nose has fallen off, it's shirt unraveled, and his right felt antler is rapidly being stretched & twisted leading me to believe that in the VERY near future we are going to have a shirtless brown unicorn without a since of smell. It’s not that we have a shortage of stuffed animals… we have plenty to choose from… so why the trashy reindeer became the favorite is completely beyond me.

Landen LOVES Brayden. Landen will hold his hand and walk him around to help Brayden find his cup. He’ll “read” to Brayden, sing to him, tell him “It’s okay brudder,” share his food with him, give him hugs & kisses, and even share his toys without being told (on occasion). They really are precious together!

Landen still doesn’t like the vacuum cleaner, but when he knows it’s about to turn on, Landen will get out HIS vacuum cleaner (the FisherPriceLawnmower) and help! Landen loves wrestling with Daddy and Brother (modified). He talks to “Silly,” the baby in mommy’s tummy and LOVES for me to read him stories. Landen’s imagination has really grown lately and we will overhear him talking on the “phone,” racing his cars and declaring the winner, pretending there’s a big green giant, and other really silly things.

When Keith and I were discussing baby names, we named a few and Landen chimed in, giving us his total disapproval of the names we were discussing, saying “NO! Those aren’t names!” At which point we asked him what HE thought was a good name for baby and he said “Silly!” Fortunately for baby, we are NOT going to name him that.

We have moved on from having to give Landen a Whopper with each trip to the potty. Occasionally he’ll still ask for one, but he goes to the potty on his own accord now! Landen also wanted to help change Brayden’s diaper the other day… that was interesting.

Brayden: 16 months

Brayden is starting to speak with words, REAL words! He can say doggy, woof woof, outside, duck, sunny, no, mommy (the catch all term for “I need something”), cup, ball, tiger, roar, daddy, Landen (though we can only recognize that’s what he’s saying when he is repeating it after us), kitty, etc. He also says sfumny, a lot (a catch all word that is used in any and all situations, therefore we have no clue of its meaning). He also LOVES giving hugs and kisses (to people, animals, toys, books, the door, you name it). He is completely obsessed with books! Though he might only spend 30 seconds per book, if you leave him alone at the book shelf he’ll “read” for 1 – 1.5 hours at a time (and bring you every other book he handles, to let you see a picture or read approximately 5 words of it to him)!

Brayden is into EVERYTHING! He has this ridiculous obsession with the trash can; he really enjoys throwing things away… and digging things back out. Unfortunately, the things he throws away are usually NOT trash and the things he digs out are usually disgusting. When we tell him no, he’ll usually take one more step toward what he wants before giving in to the spoilers of all fun (parents). Periodically, he’ll just flat pretend not to hear anything and proceed as planned, especially if it involves the litter box, trash can, or toilet. As a result of his "into everything-ness" I get a call from daycare at least twice a week, because Brayden has bumped his head on something. Brayden will eat ANYTHING off someone else’s plate, but when he’s full food WILL be thrown… we’re working on that! He is fearless (aside from the vacuum cleaner)! An animal 4 times his size is fair game for him, and should probably beware! I think he may be teething again because he is biting things (and me occasionally) all the time.

Brayden ADORES Landen. He is finally able to really play with his big brother, now. They play cars, chase each other, spray each other with the sprinkler hose, share (to some degree) with each other… it is awesome! They “read” books, cuddle, watch movies, share food, dance, bathe, and sing together!

Baby Bump: 16 weeks

  • Bump? Yeah… I haven’t been able to wear regular clothes in a while now, despite losing weight… I make myself feel better by telling myself it’s because this is my 3rd baby…
  • Weight Gain? Lost 6 pounds… gastritis. It’s great for weight loss, I guess…
  • Belly Button? In
  • Maternity Clothes? Yes
  • Movement? Yep! Little flutters and a couple kicks 
  • Cravings? Pineapple! I am no longer craving green grapes, but I could eat my weight in pineapples!
  • Symptoms? EXTREME fatigue, fibro flare-ups, oily skin & hair, already getting some sciatic pain, stomach pains/lack of appetite (gastritis)
  • Blood pressure? 120/74… WOOHOO! So far so good!
  • Sleep? I pretty much want to sleep all the time, though I never really feel rested…
  • Gender? BOY
  • Heartrate? 140s
  • Best Moment? Seeing this sweet boy on the ultrasound!


He's being shy... hand up at his head looking away


Feet crossed, legs stretched out... confirming gender.

1 comment:

  1. Well if you're not going to name him Silly, maybe it can at least be his middle name? ;)
    and thanks for not going in to detail on how "interesting" it was for landen to change brayden's diaper haha
    I love them playing together :) can't wait to read how they take to boy #3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!