Football
Let me start by saying... We live in the South, there isn't much
choice in whether or not we celebrate football season, and in our state, we
WILL root for either Alabama or Auburn... it's just the way life goes around
here. That being said... ROLL TIDE! :)
We don't have internet or television at
home, so we went to my parent's house to watch the first game of the season.
Landen actually was FASCINATED with it! He was very intent on finding the
players wearing red shirts and wanting them to catch/hold the football. He also
noticed that the players "fall down a lot," in an effort to NOT
promote rough play in our 3 year old, I agreed that's what they were doing;
Keith felt the need to explain that the players were tackling each other to take
the ball away from the other team. Oh well…
Anyway, Landen surprised me with the amount of time he willing sat
still and watched the game. Brayden would periodically come over and watch a
few minutes of the game before heading off to play with the barnyard toys. I think
he was more interested in not missing out on what his big brother was doing. It
was cute though, when they would sit together and watch the game and when
Landen would attempt to explain the game to Brayden. My boys are so precious (I
might be slightly biased)!
Brayden Pictures: He has some strange obsession with putting this laundry basket on his head... and wearing it around the house as if it's totally normal.
![]() |
| Climbing with the basket hat |
![]() |
| So happy to play cars while wearing the basket hat |
![]() |
| Peek-A-Boo! |
Conversations with a 3 year old are fun!
Landen’s imagination is
growing exponentially and he is grasping new concepts, daily. His memory and
the ability to make connections to past/present/future experiences, in
combination with his somewhat skewed logic leads to some REALLY funny
situations.
Random spoken thoughts. They come out of nowhere and lead to nothing (but laughter and confusion):
- Landen: “Gooey turns into Goofy”
Random # 2:
- Landen: “Chicken-flay is my favorite” (referring to Chick-Fil-A)
Random # 3:
- Landen: “That’s trippy” (anytime something COULD possibly cause him to slip, trip, or fall)
Random # 4:
- Landen: "Barney Bear likes to sit on my shoulders so he can see. You need to take a picture of him, Mommy. He wants a picture."
Meals & Snacks Talks
Talk # 1:
- Landen: “You’re full, Mommy?”
- Me: “I’m getting full.”
- Landen: “Why?”
- Keith: “Because Declen is in Mommy’s tummy.”
- Landen: “Cause Declen is food?”
- Me: “No, Declen isn’t food. He’s in Mommy’s tummy so he grow.”
- Landen: “Oh. ‘Cause he likes food?”
Talk # 2:
- Landen: “Barney Bear is sitting in your chair, Mommy.”
- Me: “Oh, well I guess I’ll just have to sit on him.”
- Landen: “NO! ‘Cause he’s my friend!!!!”
- **We ended up having to pull an extra chair to the table so Barney Bear could eat with us.**
Talk # 3:
- Landen: “I’m hungry.”
- Me: “Do you want some Fritos, like what brother is eating?”
- Landen: “I’m hungry a lot. I want orange chips.”
- Me: “No, those are too messy.”
- Landen: “OK, I can have orange chips and a napkin.”
- Keith: “No Landen, you can have Fritos.”
- Landen: “You have three more chances, Daddy.”
- Keith: “OK, you can have Fritos, veggie sticks, or a fruit bar.”
- Landen: “Um…….. FRITOS!”
Just saying.
Saying # 1:
- I was reading a book just after lunchtime on Saturday…
- Landen: “Mommy, talk.”
- Me: “What?”
- Landen: “It’s time to talk! It’s not 8 o’clock, yet. It’s not bedtime. Talk to me.”
Saying #2:
- In the car - Keith and I were discussing a conversation he had with someone named Ryan…
- Landen: “Lion. Lions say roar.”
- Brayden: “Roar. Roar”
- Landen: “You see a lion at the zoo, Daddy? Do you see a lion at the zoo?”
- Keith to Landen (confused): “Sometimes. Do you see lions at the zoo?”
- Landen: “No.”
- Keith: “OK, buddy.”
- We continue our conversation… and I said Ryan’s name
- Landen: “Lion!”
- Me: “Landen, Mommy & Daddy are talking about someone whose name is Ryan.”
- Landen: “Nope. Lion. Lion, Mommy.”
Postponing Bedtime (entire conversations are in whispers).
Whispers #1:
- Keith (tucking Landen into bed): “I love you. Goodnight.”
- Landen: “Sumpin’s missing. We’re missing sumpin’.”
- Keith: “What is it?”
- Landen: “A little man. A little man that’s like a bug. A lady bug is like a bug. Yeah!”
Whispers #2:
- Me (tucking Landen into bed): “Goodnight, Buddy. I love you!”
- Landen: “Wait. I gotta tell you sumpin’”
- Me: “OK. What do you need to tell me?”
- Landen: “Um… we’re missing sumpin’.”
- Me: “What are we missing?”
- Landen: “Um… um… the white part. The white part is long. The white part is long on my fingers.”
- Me (I look at his recently cut fingernails): “No it isn’t. Go to sleep.”
- Landen: “But it’s long, Mommy. It will scratch me. We have to cut them.”
- Me: “No Landen, it’s time to go to sleep.”
- **I have never known a child who despises having his nails clipped, as much as Landen… he was REALLY desperate to avoid sleep that night**
Pregnancy Update
Week 26: Size of a Head of Lettuce
- How far? 25 weeks, 3 days
- Bump? Can’t miss it
- Weight Gain? -3 pounds (slowly gaining)
- Belly Button? In but getting more shallow
- Blood Pressure?
- Maternity Clothes? You bet!
- Baby’s Heart Rate?
- Movement? Definitely! AND other people can see my stomach moving when he kicks/rolls
- Cravings? Milk, Chicken Tetrazzini, SOME sweet stuff, eggs
- Aversions? Grapes, Red Beans & Rice, Sausage, Bacon
- Symptoms? EXHAUSTION, forgetfulness, bleeding gums, a little uncoordinated,
- Sleep? It’s decent. Always sleepy, though.
- Gender? Most definitely a boy!
- Name? Declen Miles Thomas
- Best Moment? Watching my stomach as Declen dances/kicks/punches/flips around
- Doctor Report? I go back on Sept 23… Glucose Tolerance Test. Ugh!









They're too cute! I love the laundry basket hat. :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
Delete