About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Fight

There are many things that I don't understand or that I can't fully relate to, and I know that the same goes for everyone. We have never walked in anyone else's shoes and we don't need to, as we all have our own to fill.


We all have a choice to fight or not fight the battles in our lives. Some people fight with diseases, some with finances, some with infertility, some with abuse, some with things we cannot even fathom, and any combination of the above.

One of the greatest callings we can have is to be a parent, to be given the blessing and responsibility of raising, molding, influencing, and fostering a child to grow for the Lord. I think as a parent, young or old; biological or not; current, past, or future; planned or unplanned; some of our biggest battles are related to our children. Keith and I have been blessed with precious children. For us, the course of getting them here has been a HUGE battle - fighting for them and with them, for their safety and development, for their health, for their survival, for THEM. Sometimes the battles seem overwhelming, unending, hopeless, or downright frightening! Thankfully, I have a God who is sovereign, who is unchanging, and who promises to be our healer and our provider. God promises to come to our rescue EVERY time (Psalm 34:19) and NOTHING is impossible for Him (Luke 1:37). Though we are inevitably going to face difficulties, we are never alone.

Right now, we are in the midst of a fight. I am 30 weeks pregnant and we've gotten some tough news from the doctors. While at my doctor's appointments Monday, I was told that due to my having gestational diabetes, Declen has Pericardial Effusion (fluid on his heart) and Hypoxia (limited oxygen particularly to his brain). Declen is measuring 4 pounds 8 ounces which is four weeks ahead, but this is size only; his organ development is still that of a 30 week baby. My blood sugar is not reacting to what I eat/don't eat, so I have started taking some medicine. Hopefully the medicine will decrease the junk in my system and ultimately take some stress off of Declen's little body. My doctor said that if this medicine doesn't do the trick, there are other medicines we can add to the mix.

We are so blessed to have a group of great doctors, family, prayer warriors, friends, etc to surround us during this time! But more than anything else, we are so blessed to have a God that can handle this. God is not a god of infirmity, pain, fear, or suffering! He is the God of peace, love, healing, strength, and power. These conditions (gestational diabetes, hypoxia, pericardial effusion) are names, and with a God whose Name is above ALL names, these names have to submit. I find so much peace in knowing this!

Please join us in prayer as we claim victory over these diagnoses and watch what God has in-store for Declen's precious life!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  1. Praise the Lord, my soul! All my being, praise his holy name!
  2. Praise the Lord, my soul, and do not forget how kind he is.
  3. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
  4. He keeps me from the grave and blesses me with love and mercy.
  5. He fills my life with good things, so that I stay young and strong like an eagle.
  6. The Lord judges in favor of the oppressed and gives them their rights.
  7. He revealed his plans to Moses and let the people of Israel see his mighty deeds.
  8. The Lord is merciful and loving, slow to become angry and full of constant love.
  9. He does not keep on rebuking; he is not angry forever.
  10. He does not punish us as we deserve or repay us according to our sins and wrongs.
  11. As high as the sky is above the earth, so great is his love for those who honor him.
  12. As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our sins from us.
  13. As a father is kind to his children, so the Lord is kind to those who honor him.
  14. He knows what we are made of; he remembers that we are dust.
  15. As for us, our life is like grass. We grow and flourish like a wild flower;
  16. then the wind blows on it, and it is gone — no one sees it again.
  17. But for those who honor the Lord, his love lasts forever, and his goodness endures for all generations
  18. of those who are true to his covenant and who faithfully obey his commands.
  19. The Lord placed his throne in heaven; he is king over all.
  20. Praise the Lord, you strong and mighty angels, who obey his commands, who listen to what he says.
  21. Praise the Lord, all you heavenly powers, you servants of his, who do his will!
  22. Praise the Lord, all his creatures in all the places he rules. Praise the Lord, my soul!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  • Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  •  “…Truly I tell you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
*************************************
Cord going across his face

Hand/Arm in front of his face

Still has his arm up in front of his face

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!