About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Buddies, Beds, and Blessings

Life Updates



  • Landen and Brayden are really becoming the best of friends! They are to the point now that (for the most part) they play with the same things, like the same books, look out for each other, etc. It’s such a precious time in our house! And though they do occasionally end up getting possessive over toys (or trash or cats or mommy/daddy’s attention or anything at all), they are also getting really good at sharing and helping each other!


Peanut Butter

Poor thing was so sleepy... I just had to take a picture

  • Landen is officially sleeping in his big-boy bed (the bunk bed) and Brayden is FINALLY and officially sleeping in his big-boy bed (the toddler bed).


First night for Brayden to actually SLEEP in the toddler bed!

  • Nana took Landen to get his first PROFESSIONAL haircut. He did great and it looks great!



  • It occurred to us this past week that Declen is going to be here SOON! We dug out the baby clothes and got them in a drawer. It is crazy to think that the clothes we brought Landen home in are already too small for Declen. But it’s always fun to me to pull out the boys old clothes and get that flood of memories that go with the outfits… the milestones, the mishaps, the funny things, the learning experience, etc. Along with getting Declen’s wardrobe sorted, it also dawned on me that I’m probably going to need to get moving on packing a hospital bag (and overnight bags for the boys) one of these days! Especially since I have a history of unexpected birthdays (Landen @ 35 weeks during what should have been his Baby Shower and then Brayden @ 36 weeks)… I plan to pack bags this week!
  • Keith has 3 weeks left of clinicals...  THREE WEEKS!!!!! I can't believe he is actually going to be finished with school! FINALLY! 
  • We are now on car number 6! The wagon, despite the NUMEROUS desperate attempts at fixing every possible thing that could be related to the car, has officially kicked the bucket. Luckily, we were able to find and trade-in our money pit wagon to help us pay for a 2007 Chevy Uplander (by the grace of God and with the help of Keith’s dad). It’s nice and roomy and CLEAN (though I’m quite sure we will change that very quickly)! All three car seats fit with plenty of room to spare!! God ALWAYS provides!
  • We celebrated my Dad's 66th Birthday last night... the whole way home and until he fell asleep, Landen was was singing "Happy Birthday to Papa! Happy Birthday to Papa!" 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pregnancy Update: Week 34 

(These stats are really more from last week as I have my weekly appointment tomorrow)


  • How far? 33 weeks, 0 days - which means I (hopefully) have 4-6 weeks left in this pregnancy
  • Bump? Most definitely!
  • Weight Gain? 5 pounds
  • Belly Button? Pretty much flat
  • Blood Pressure? 136/86
  • Fundal Height? 33-34 (last week)
  • Fetal size approximation? 36 weeks (last week)
  • Maternity Clothes? Definitely
  • Fetal Heart Rate? 121 bpm
  • Movement? YES! And when he moves, my entire midsection goes with it!
  • Cravings? Chicken Tetrazzini, steak, green beans, key lime pie, lemon stuff...
  • Aversions? Strong smelling stuff, green grapes, red beans, sausage, onions, FISH
  • Symptoms? Braxton Hicks, Swelling of my hands and feet (especially by the end of the day), Headaches, Exhaustion, Moody, Emotional, Back Pain, Pelvic Pain, MAJOR Forgetfulness, some rather unpleasant things... and I've currently got a sinus infection & bronchitis so I’m not feeling my best, which apparently affects my blood sugar :(

Swelling by lunch time
Please disregard the polish... it's not a priority


  • Sleep? Not great.
  • Gender? BOY!
  • Name? Declen Miles
  • Best Moment? Ultrasound showing that the excess Amniotic Fluid has decreased, Declen’s growth slowed down a little this past week, and his blood flow/oxygen levels looked good!
  • Doctor's Report? I don’t have preeclampsia! They checked my liver enzymes and everything came back normal. My platelet count looks good. The Gestational Diabetes (up until the last couple days when I've been sick) seems to be cooperating with my diet and medication. We are still trying to keep as much stress off of Declen as possible, so I am now working 4 hour days so I can rest more, which will HOPEFULLY allow me to continue working longer before starting my maternity/full-time leave (and maybe not have bedrest AT ALL for this pregnancy!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!