Halloween
So, we
sort of celebrate Halloween. It's not really a big deal, and Keith & I could totally do without it, but I think it's fun for kids to have a reason to dress up and be kids! Our little "neighborhood" doesn't ever have any kids trick-or-treating and I think it would be weird to show up in someone else's neighborhood to do that, SO we went to
Publix. They do stuff for kids on Halloween like various games, face painting, hair painting/coloring, cookie decorating, and just basic kid-friendly trick-or-treating fun. After we left Publix, we drove over to my parents' house and let the boys show off their costumes.
Brayden was a shark (borrowed from a friend) and Landen was a scuba diver (home-made by mommy). Landen's pronunciation of his Halloween costume improved through the course of the night... at first he was referring to himself as a "Super Diaper" which progressed to "Scooper Diaper" and finally landed at "Scooper Diber". Once the accessories came off and he was in all black, Keith told him he was a Ninja. The pronunciation of Ninja never did stand a chance.... Landen got the sounds all backwards and called himself an In-jan /engine/ for the remainder of the evening. He never fails to make me laugh.
.JPG) |
| Gatorade Oxygen Tanks, Spiral Binding Snorkel, and Play Construction Worker Goggles |
.JPG) |
| My 3 boys |
.JPG) |
| Shark deciding he doesn't love the headpiece |
.JPG) |
| Shark diet: Marshmallow ghosts |
Pregnancy Update: Week 35
- How Far? 34 weeks
- Bump? That's an understatement at this point
- Weight Gain? 7 pounds
- Belly Button? flat, stretched, and tender (especially when I run into door knobs)
- Blood Pressure? 136/87 (it's been up this past week)
- Fundal Height? 39 weeks - running.out.of.room.
- Fetal Size Approximation? 39 weeks - He weighs about 6.5 - 7 pounds
- Maternity Clothes? exclusively
- Fetal Heart Rate? 143 bpm
- Movement? YES! he is ALWAYS moving SOMETHING (kicks, punches, elbow jabs, etc)
- Cravings? Lemonberry Slushie from Sonic
- Aversions? Green Grapes, Red Beans, Onions, FISH
- Symptoms? Swelling, CLUMSY, Braxton Hicks (some are rather painful), Headaches, Exhaustion, Emotional, Moody, Back pain, Pelvic Pain, Forgetfulness or just general stupidity, Nesting, and then some rather unpleasant things
- Sleep? NOT GOOD! Difficulty going to sleep. Can't STAY asleep. Uncomfortable. I could go on...
- Gender? Boy
- Name? Declen Miles (Landen pronounces it /Duck-oh-lan/... PLEASE let this change before Declen is old enough to know better!!!)
- Best Moment? Getting to fill out the Big Sibling book with Landen, watching him getting so excited to meet his new little brother, and having Landen rub my tummy to tell Declen goodnight.
- What I Miss? having room in my lap for Landen to sit... Brayden is still small enough that he just climbs on top of the bump and roosts there.
- Doctor's Report? Declen's blood flow/oxygen to his brain looked good today. My amniotic fluid levels are in the upper range of normal. I convinced my doctors to allow me to continue working 1/2 days. I have NOT been diagnosed with preeclampsia but I am on preeclampsia precautions (since I am apparently a "ticking time bomb") and when I am home I HAVE TO STAY IN THE BED. Beginning today,
I have to take a baby aspirin everyday (Change: The aspirin made me break out in hives). My doctors all agree that any day now, I have to be prepared for them to tell me to stop working and go on bedrest/have this baby. I apparently have 3 weeks MAX before Declen arrives. BUT THE BEST NEWS OF ALL: The fluid on Declen's heart has resolved itself!!! They said this is something that would not go away before he was born, but would hopefully stop increasing... IT'S GONE! PRAISE GOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments!