So it's been almost 2 months since I swapped job titles. I can honestly say that what I perceived of life at home and what it is actually like.... is COMPLETELY different!
Okay, so yeah there are SOME similarities in what I had envisioned... we're at home, I'm there, the kids are there, the cats are there, I'm actually able to spend time with my kids for the first time, but that's pretty much where the similarities end. See, I thought we'd have all this time to do things,
- In my head: we would do "preschool" in the morning with Landen while the baby slept and Brayden played on his own... WRONG.
- In reality: The baby DOESN'T sleep (unless he is being held and usually only when I'm standing up holding him). Brayden doesn't just play on his own... he "helps" Landen/mommy/baby in all sorts of creative/destructive ways.
- In my head: we would actually be able to keep the house clean
- In reality: it's messier than it has ever been. EVER.
- In my head: I would have all this time to cook a healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner... and we could all eat together at the table at the same time and learn manners
- In reality: If I get around to eating, the kids eat my food, but I usually don't get to eat until WAY after lunch if ever. We are eating an insane amount of hot dogs, PB&J's, grilled cheese sandwiches, and spoonfuls of peanut butter. And if I can keep them from climbing on/under the table or throwing food during the meal, I think I need an award!
- In my head: the kids would be on a schedule and each transition from nap to playtime to school time to meal time, etc would go smoothly
- In reality: Ha! Not.even.close.
- In my head: I was concerned that I might get bored being at home all day.
- In reality: I'm doing good to get a bathroom break! (though it is bitter sweet because that's when all the "fun" takes place)
Things have been challenging, frustrating, overwhelming, etc. BUT these have also been some of the most enjoyable 2 months of my entire life!
As it turns out, my kids are actually really precious during the day! They ARE kids though and I have to remind myself of that, regularly because I seem to want them to be perfect at all times and that just doesn't happen. For their entire lives up to now, I've only seen them at the end of the day when they're exhausted and acting their worst or on the weekends when their routine is off or when they are sick.
I love my kids and my new job! I'm busier than I have ever been in my life, but it is definitely worth it!
PICTURES!!
+-+Copy.JPG) |
| Brayden turned 2! |
+-+Copy.JPG) |
| Brayden turned 2! |
+-+Copy.JPG) |
| Brayden turned 2! |
.JPG) |
| Brayden turned 2! |
 |
| Brayden turned 2! |
+-+Copy.JPG) |
| Declen - 2/14/2014 |
+-+Copy.JPG) |
| Declen - 3/14/14 |
 |
| Tired Brayden |
 |
| Landen - He looks more like his age without his glasses |
 |
| Give a cat a box/bag |
+-+Copy.JPG) |
| Landen - 3 1/2 years |
 |
| Landen - 3 1/2 years |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments!