I frequently have questions and there is never a good time, or an ear near, or whatever... for me to ask. These, I suppose are primarily rhetorical, but an answer could be nice, too.
These questions are in NO particular order:
- With all the women's rights and equal opportunity, politically correct EVERYTHING, how has NO ONE been offended by the Volvo logo? I mean, it has a striking resemblance to the gender symbol for MALE. (I'm not a feminist and I frankly don't care, I just find this interesting and perplexing)
![]() |
| Volvo Logo |
- Why do commercials talk about how much better their product is than the LEADING brand? If it's that much better, then why is it NOT the leading brand?
- Why do people hit the breaks while travelling uphill on the interstate, or ANY road for that matter?
- What makes the number 13 "unlucky"? What good is it to call a floor 14 when in reality, the 14th floor is actually the 13th?
- Do the Occupy people really know what they are protesting? Does anyone? Get a job...
- Why are there commercials on television for things that no one wants to know about unless they are going through it... at which point they can ask their doctors privately? (i.e. vaginal mesh implants, male enhancement drugs, etc) It makes for VERY awkward moments at the lunch table at work, where we have the news playing.
- Why do golfers yell 4 when a ball is on the loose? Why not 7?
- Why does is cost more to eat healthy?
- Why are women's clothes sized the way they are? ...what exactly does it mean to wear a 2 or a 10? Why is a 2 at one store actually a 10 at an other?
- Why do we have political parties? Can people not just vote for the person that seems right?
- Is it necessary to observe Daylight Savings Time? It's a hassle and it doesn't change the number of NOR does it actually save any daylight hours!
- How do I always get behind the World's slowest, most cautious, and/or most incompetent drivers when I am in a hurry?
- Why do we have pennies when vending machines will not accept them and cashiers hate you if you pay with them?
- If it is such a big deal to have eco-friendly cars, then why are they SO expensive?
- What happened to the show "Kids Say the Darndest Things"? It was funny!
- Why is it that the winning video on America's Funniest Home Videos is NEVER FUNNY!? Who decides these things?
- Why do radio stations even bother announcing the traffic conditions? They are sitting in an office and have no idea what about the traffic conditions until WAY after the fact... at which point, is no help to anyone on the road...
- How do people with small children avoid having ants everywhere?
- Why don't we get a siesta each day? Other countries do!
- If we are so concerned about childhood obesity, why are we getting rid of recess at schools!?!?

I have never noticed the Volvo symbol before! Fascinating!! And I'd never heard of a vaginal mesh implant before last night, but thanks to television commercials, I now know!
ReplyDeleteI don't know that I would have ever noticed the Volvo symbol if it weren't for the Logo Quiz game!
DeleteYeah, commercials... they go too far! :)