About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Haircuts and More...

Haircuts or Hairs cut

Landen has officially moved from babyhood to little-boyhood.
It wasn't a far journey. It was really mere inches from one town to the other, but that tiny distance made a HUGE difference!
When I look at him, I no longer see the crazy-haired baby... now I see this little boy, BIG BOY running around... with a neck that is visible from all sides... it's mind boggling!

We I debated whether to take him to a hair salon for his first cut, to have me do the snipping, or to have Meemaw cut it. Ultimately, I have a hard time thinking of paying exorbitant amounts of money to cut 10 strands of hair whilst holding said child still in a chair surrounded by noises and other, potentially dangerous, distractions. I mean, it all came down to the necessary credentials:

  • Is a trusted individual. Not only by parents, but also by child
  • Possesses a big TV with all the George a child's little heart could desire
  • Has scissors
  • Is patient and steady handed
  • BONUS: the mother of 5 boys, all of whom she has given haircut to for something close to 27 years!


DING! DING! DING! We have a winner: Meemaw!

Landen did great getting his hair cut! He sat still (well... still-ish. Still, according to toddler terms) watching George. He combed his hair, just like Meemaw, and even needed to dip the comb in a cup of water, just like Meemaw. It was precious! I did fine until it was all over and I realized what a difference it all made - I didn't cry or anything, but I definitely got a little choked up...
The Before Shot, aka The Mullet









The After Shot

and More...

I thought I would do a progressive look at how much Brayden has changed over the course of his first 3 months in the world. It's pretty impressive to see how quickly babies change and grow!

Birthday

1 week

1 month

2 months

3 months (I can't make it rotate?!)

2 comments:

  1. The haircut is adorable!! It's amazing how much it ages little boys, isn't it?? And I Love the laundry basket shots!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is crazy how much older he looks now!

      I wish I had done the laundry basket pictures when Landen was a baby, too! I think it's fun to have a reference for how much/quickly kids grow!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!