About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Easter & Mother's Day + Photo Dump

Easter - a celebration of the most amazing gift ever given to mankind; something no one could ever deserve or earn despite all our efforts

Mother's Day - a celebration some of the most amazing people on this planet; something I have a hard time believing I could ever deserve or earn despite all my efforts

It's interesting to me that these two celebrations are back-to-back. I cannot imagine my life without my children and yet Christ was sent here as Mary's child, only to be the greatest sacrifice of all time. What an overwhelming sensation to think about! How would I react if I was told that one of my children would be crucified for EVERYONE ELSE'S sins!? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a very pleasant reaction... and that's when it hits home. I am pretty really selfish. I think of my children as my own; and yes, they DID live in my belly for 9 months and they DO have my genes, some of my personality traits, some of my features, etc. in reality they are not mine. I did not create them in my womb. I do not control their brains or how their bones grow or what color their eyes are or how their food changes into energy. These children are a gift that God has put into my life for me to raise, rear, instill values, etc. HE is in control of when they came into my life and when they will depart. HE knit them together in my womb and HE has their steps in life numbered. HE knows their every thought and the exact number of hairs on their heads. So really all this stress I have, trying to get everything right, to control every moment, to look (or at least have my kids look) put together, etc is kind of ridiculous. This job called motherhood is something that I need to completely change my attitude about. God paired me with these children and I am the mom THEY need and they are the kids I need to help fulfill HIS plans!

So... when I spend the time I need to utilize a teachable moment... when I take time to hold/rock/kiss my kids... etc... I'm going to try to savor the moments that I have and try not to stress over the superficial parts of life/stress over the parts of life that God didn't intend for me to control anyway! It's a mother's (and father's) love and selflessness that molds a child's life so much!

It was selfless obedience and love of Mary (Christ's mother) that God (Christ's Father) utilized to rear Christ and change the world. Mary sacrificed her reputation, her own life plans, and her own child (Jesus Christ) to follow God's will. God knowingly sent his son (Jesus Christ) to be the ultimate sacrifice for the world through persecution and all forms of suffering. By their examples, in a much less intense scale, we (as mother's and father's) are supposed to do our best to rear the children God put in our charge who in their own right will one day change the world.

So to all the mother's, who in some way shape or form, sacrificing themselves for the growth, enrichment, and life of their kids... You have earned it! Happy Mother's Day!

My 3 Boys

Declen 6 months

Mother's Day with my Grandmother (age 92)

Thomas Family Mother's Day

Backyard Science Lesson... eek!


Looking at horses

Easter - Papa and Declen

Easter - Nana and Declen

@Wood Family Easter

@Thomas Family Easter

Easter with Meemaw

Nana and the boys at the Zoo


Me and my kiddos at the Zoo

Declen's Baby Dedication

Declen 5 months


Declen - napping in the little kid swing
***BTW I have no idea why some pictures insist on appearing sideways... sorry!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!