About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Facts of Life... in my opinion

Things that I have noticed along the way...


  1. The qualities in other people that annoy us most, are qualities that we ourselves possess.
  2. No one looks good, attractive, "sexy", etc walking downhill.
  3. There are things that we as parents deal with daily and are desensitized to, that would turn anyone else's stomach in 2.5 seconds or less
  4. Moms can discuss such things (from #4) without so much as blinking an eye
  5. Everyone poops, no one wants the details
  6. Food cooked by someone else always tastes better
  7. My house will never be spotless... it just won't
  8. Clorox wipes can be used on any surface. If said surface becomes damaged from the use of a Clorox wipe, then it didn't need to be in our home to begin with
  9. Boys stink
  10. Eating cat (or dog) food will not kill a child
  11. After the age of 6 months (give or take depending on when they become mobile), my children come with bumps, bruises, scratches, or damaged clothing
  12. Kids are funny. Especially when they don't know you're watching
  13. Kids see and hear everything
  14. There are outfits that should never be worn, regardless of whether the are "in style"
  15. Being a parent of one child is hard, of two is really hard, of three or more is just plain crazy and I wouldn't change one minute of it
  16. Sometimes driving with three screaming children is much more distracting than eating, texting, and applying makeup while driving (combined)
  17. I don't remember what I spent my time and energy on before I had children
  18. Not all diapers are created equal.
  19. I don't know the answers to a lot of the questions my four year old asks me (i.e. How high is the sky? Where is Heaven?)
  20. There is no point trying to potty train a little boy until they are ready and interested
  21. Parenting is tough. Don't judge.
  22. There is a reason for the "Not for children ages 3 and under" label 
  23. There is no easy way to get baby food out of nostrils or ears
  24. Bathroom walls must be covered in highgloss or semigloss paint (especially if you have little boys around)
  25. It is a relief to hear all of my children screaming, when I'm in the shower. That's how I know they're alive


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!