About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Things don't seem right....

There are a few things that have come to surface in my life lately that just don't seem quite right...


  1. Landen started preschool yesterday. PRESCHOOL! wasn't he like, JUST BORN?!? How is he old enough to be starting school? The night before, he just up and decided to write his name. He wrote every letter, in the right order, and it was totally legible! He also drew a picture of himself that consisted of a head with his glasses, eyes, and a mouth, a body, two arms with hands and fingers, two legs with feet and toes.
     ***More about Landen's first day at the bottom of this post***
  2. Flexible drinking straws are apparently dangerous devices that can be abused by or cause injury to children younger than middle school age. Who knew?
  3. In order to pick up Landen from school, we have carpool signs. After looking at his sign, I realized that the school inadvertently renamed my child. What's worse, though was the fact that I showed it to Keith and he thought it looked correct...
  4. We went to the library yesterday (Brayden, Declen, and me) while Landen was at school and we didn't disturb anyone. No one ran away, no one screamed, no one ran or jumped off anything; it was a calm, pleasant experience. The librarians even commented on how calm we were!! It's amazing what having the same number children as I do arms`can do for public behavior!!
  5. We were in the car driving to Declen's 9 month doctor appointment and Landen randomly starts asking questions about ant eaters... where on earth did he hear anything about ant eaters? About five minutes after the ant eater discussion, Landen asks, "What does blood taste like?" Where do these thoughts come from!?
  6. Landen had to go potty while Declen and Brayden were eating yesterday, suddenly in a very excited voice Landen calls out, "HEY!! I have Mickey Mouse poo-poo!!!" Me, thinking I had to have heard that wrong: "WHAT?!?" Landen, still super excited: "Mommy, my poo-poo looks like Mickey Mouse! Come look! It's so silly!!" I chose to refrain from viewing the septic childhood icon, and just told him I'd take his word for it, though the mental image haunts me. I don't think I'll look at Mickey the same way again.

Landen's Goes to Preschool

Bright and early in the morning
Landen has been so excited counting down the days to preschool. I have been scared excited for him, too. I had everything planned out in my head as to how it would play out... none of it happened that way though.

  • Meet the Teacher - Though it was no one's fault, we had quite possibly the world's worst meet the teacher experience:
    • The kids were starving, Brayden and Declen had disgusting diapers, Declen had just received his round of shots and felt icky, the kids had pent up energy from being confined all morning at the doctors office, we were in a new environment FULL of meticulously organized toys and books (none of which were appropriate for a 9 month old or a 2 year old), and mommy was attempting to listen to the teacher's parent presentation. The classroom was destroyed, there was screaming, crying, arguing, choking on tiny Legos, stinking, and interrupting... not to mention, Declen crawled under the table and bit the toe of one of the other moms! Then as we were starting to leave, Landen and Brayden ran away... down a hall in a building I was completely unfamiliar with... TWICE!
  • First Day - the morning experience:
    • See, when we got to the school, Landen hopped right out of the car said, "I love you, Brayden" and walked right on in without looking back. You read that right. He said I love you, BRAYDEN, not mommy. Ouch! (Given, he DID say I love you, mommy like 500 times at home and on the way, but once we got to the school, it was Brayden). Brayden was a bit traumatized that Landen left us and that Brayden didn't get to go to school, too; He cried and I fought back tears. All day, I kept thinking: "What if he doesn't like his teacher?" What if his teacher has already made her impression of Landen based on Meet the Teacher?" "What if the other kids are mean... don't share... laugh at his glasses... etc?" "What if he has a potty accident?" "What if he gets homesick?" "What if he can'at get his lunch box opened?" "What if he doesn't have enough food in his lunch?"
  • First Day - the afternoon experience:
    • We waited in the carpool  line for what seemed like an eternity, though we were car #9 so obviously it wasn't' really that long for us. Then FINALLY they walked Landen out to our car. He was SO HAPPY! SO PROUD OF HIMSELF! SO EXCITED! As he got in the car, I told him how proud of him I was and how I missed him. He climbed on in to his and said, "I didn't miss you at all, mommy!" Ouch, AGAIN! Then he looked at me and said, "I said the wrong words mommy, I did miss you today, a lot, but I had SO MUCH FUN at school!!" YAY!! My heart melted. All of my worries were gone! And he still needs me :) (I know, just a selfish little need of mine, to still be needed by my babies)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!