About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Peanut is the size of a Banana


Week 21: Banana 

Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

Life Update: We got to spend Sunday lunch with my family, celebrating my grandmother's 90th birthday! It is so amazing to think about how much has happened in her lifetime. I mean, 1921, when she was born was BEFORE the great depression and BEFORE WWII; not to mension home televisions, microwaves, computers, cell phones, etc. WOW! What is even more amazing, is that she still has a wonderfully clear mind and can remember stuff like it just happened yesterday! She is an awesome, God fearing woman, and I am so blessed to have her in my life!

ALSO, because of my grandmother's birthday party, I got to see my sister. Seeing how we are both pregnant and living 3 hours away from each other, it's been a while since we were last together.

PLUS, combining all different senarios (highchair acrobatics, bed falls, climbing on random objects, general clumsiness, etc) Landen managed to hit is head 9 times on Saturday! Good grief! I think he must be part cat to have the ability to continue life as normal.

AND, our water heater died on Sunday... COLD SHOWERS! =(

Pregnancy Stuff:
  1. How far: 21 weeks 0 days
  2. Total weight: -4 lbs
  3. Baby bump: You bet! I am 10 weeks behind my sister, she looks like she is 10 weeks behind ME! I blame this on the fact that this is her 1st child. See for yourself in the picture.
  4. Fundal height: I can't figure out how to do this measurement on myself, so I'll just have to wait until my next appointment
  5. Maternity clothes: Well, I believe I no longer have a choice in this matter. BUT I did get some maternity khaki pants this weekend (courtesy of my birthday money) and I am really excited about them because I now have 3 pairs of pants to rotate between church and work!
  6. Movement: YEAH! I am not sure what happened over this past week, but this child must be doing aerobics 24/7!
  7. Cravings: Not really much of anything... though the stuff I do want to eat is strictly bland stuff
  8. Aversions: Stinky stuff, ONIONS, and sweets
  9. Symptoms: Stomach and back cramps, headaches, sciatic pains down both my legs, sudden need to run to the potty (based primarily on direct bladder kicks/punches), slightly dumber than normal, moody/emotional ::SORRY::, very tired, STRANGE DREAMS, and I do believe the floor is getting further and further away by the day.
  10. Sleep: It's ok, strange dreams + aches & pains + life = not great but it is manageable
  11. Gender: Still a boy
  12. Belly button: It's still in
  13. What I miss: You know when you're in the car and something rolls in to the floor board and you just pick it up like it's no big deal? I miss that!
  14. What I look forward to: Keith and Landen being able to feel Peanut kicking and wiggling. Choosing a name for Peanut. Bedtime. THE WATER HEATER WORKING AGAIN!
  15. Concerns: My health, childcare options, having 2 children under the age of 2!, Landen being able to climb up & down his highchair...ugh!
  16. Blessings: My family. Getting to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday!! Friends. This weather; it is BEAUTIFUL outside!
  17. Picture: Like I said, my sister is 31 weeks and I am 21 weeks, but I look like I am further along... o well! Maybe she's just taller so she has more vertical room to expand!? lol.


2 comments:

  1. no hot water???? oh my!! you poor thing! It looks like you are doing great! I will tell you two in diapers at the same time is quite a challenge. Also the whole high chair issue can be fixed by buying the booster type seat that can be put in your regular chair then hidden-ish when you push the chair into the table. I LOVED mine and its easier for them to crawl in and out of, cause once the whole climbing in and out starts its not going to end. My cure was to go with it, just making it safer. This way the "baby" high chair is for the new baby and they get the "big kid" chair. Makes them feel important too, and like they are helping the baby. Okay now that I've written a book on here I will quit :) glade everything else seems to be going great & 90 years? WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!