Week 23: Mango, again?!?
Developing this week: Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb. See your baby at 23 weeks gestation.
P.S. I thought Peanut was the size of a mango at 19 weeks... hum... i definitely don't think he is shrinking!
Life Update:
- Ok, so you remember how about a month ago Landen had a double ear infection? Yeah, it's back. DARNIT! The doctor worked him in to her schedule today, and he is now on a different kind of antibiotics than he was last time.... cross your fingers that this one works!
- It's THANKSGIVING WEEK!! WOOHOO!! Lots of really good food! Two days off work PAID!! Spending time with family!!! AHH!! I am so excited!!
- Landen just up and starting doing all the motions for the Itsy Bitsy Spider, right out of nowhere! He is such a fun kid!
- I stood up for myself when this construction worker who comments DAILY on my pregnancy and told him to stop! (he says crap like, "man you have GOT to be having AT LEAST quadruplets" "That is going to be a HUGE baby" "Are you sure you're not PAST your due date already" and other things that make a little more than an emotional trainwreck)
- We (Keith & I) have our very first Christmas tree --> donation from my parents in hopes of cleaning out their storage room... whatever! :)
- We are going to put up the Christmas tree over the break and make our very own ornaments... it's cheap AND personal AND fun AND Landen can help!
- We through in the towel and registered Landen for Daycare.... ugh.. He starts in 1 week.
- Since I have to work M, T, and W this week, I am looking forward to a few things that come with that:
- Less traffic on I-65 -- if you live close by and understand the enormity of the road construction combined with idiotic drivers you will appreciate this too!
- awesome parking spots in the parking deck at work!
- the possibility of my precious husband doing some house work while I'm at work... :)
- and getting paid ;)
Pregnancy Stuff:
- How far along? 23 weeks 0 days
- Weight gain? Probably not even CLOSE to what it will be by next week! Thank you Thanksgiving dinner! :)
- Baby bump? I COULD be confused with a theif trying to steal a turkey... note to self: stay out of the grocery store!
- Maternity clothes? What else would I be wearing? nevermind. don't. answer. that.
- Movement? YES! There really isn't a pattern.... it's pretty much around the clock
- Cravings? Chocolate milkshakes, those little Poppers that Arby's USED to have (but apparently don't anymore), salad with balsamic vinegarette, nutty-buddy bars, MILK
- Aversions? onions, bell peppers, meats...
- Symptoms? Back pain, sciatic pain, headaches, stomach cramps/contractions, etc
- Sleep? Not so much! Between all that is listed in #8, Peanut's 24/7 cardio routine, and Landen having an ear infection... sleep would be MUCH appreciated!
- Gender? Boy
- Belly button? Still in... it never poked out when I was pregnant with Landen, so it will be interesting to see what it does this time around.
- What I miss? Sleep, being able to reach stuff under my desk, laying on the floor and letting Landen crawling all over me, etc.
- What I'm looking forward to? Naming this child! Thanksgiving. Putting up Christmas stuff for the first time. Christmas. Time with Keith and Landen!
- Concerns? Landen going to daycare. My sister having her baby and me not being allowed to travel there for her. Maternity leave (or lack there of).
- Blessings? Family. Friends. Small Group. My job. Keith. Landen. Peanut.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments!