Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!
Doctor's Report: Blood pressure is ok. Baby seems to be doing just fine - Heart rate is 150ish BPM. I am still limited on what I can do: no lifting things (I CAN lift Landen OCCASSIONALLY), no prolonged standing, no running, and generally no pushing myself... blah. Sounds exciting, right? But I know it will all be worth it! The next time I go to the doctor (4 weeks), I will start having UltraSounds every 4 weeks! <~ Perk of having a high risk pregnancy... gotta look for the silver lining!
General Pregnancy Stuff:
1. How far along: 20 weeks 1 day
2. Total weight gain: -4 (I gained 3 lbs)
3. Baby bump: Yes. And if you tell me that I look like I am due any minute, must be carrying twins/triplets, or anything else along those lines… please be prepared for a punch or a kick from yours truly (the apparent beached whale).
4. Fundal height: I’m measuring at 21 weeks which is still a normal range… TAKE THAT, you rude people mentioned in #3!
5. Maternity clothes: Of course. The rubber band trick does still work though!
6. Movement: More often at night, and I can only feel Peanut moving in my lower abdomen and pelvic floor (pleasant I know)… probably because the placenta is still covering up the front of my belly.
7. Cravings: Bland stuff and MILK!
8. Aversions: Still Spicy foods, meats (for the most part), sweets, and random stuff that I don't realize sounds terrible until I am presented with it...
9. Symptoms: Serious cramping, headaches, TIRED, back aches, sciatic pains...
10. Sleep: Did you see #9
11. Gender: definitely a boy!
12. Belly button: In
13. What I miss: Being independent… it’s hard to be independent when you can’t pick things up!
14. What I'm looking forward to: Figuring out a name for Peanut
15. Concerns: My health for the duration of this pregnancy, my job (in relation to this pregnancy), Landen thinking I don't love him as much because I can't pick him up much or play with him as much.
16. Blessings: Peanut is healthy, I am allowed to hold Landen occasionally, so far the restrictions have been working to keep me off bed rest!!, Our friends bringing us dinner (huge help physically, emotionally, and financially!)!
!)!

I'm glad you're feeling better, and hope you're feeling MUCH better soon!! Don't worry too much about Landen - I realize more every day how very, very flexible kids are. We just assume they're as inflexible as us, and that's not true!! He won't even remember you not being able to pick him up.
ReplyDelete