About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Peanut is the size of an Olive

Your Baby: Week 9 (Baby Fruit)

 
Baby's now the size of a green olive!
Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like... well... a baby!

Something I found that I think is worth sharing:
As we are entering the realm of raising a child, who is no longer an innocent baby that doesn't know better, but rather an inquisitive toddler who (though may not understand why) DOES know when he is doing something of which mommy and daddy don't approve. A child who will look to see if someone else is paying attention to what he is up to and may even continue with the mischief knowing there will be consequences. This blog is pretty awesome in showing the fine line of Grace and Discipline.

OK, now for the General Baby Posts:

How Far Along? 9 weeks 0 days

Total weight gain: Who Knows... going to the Dr this afternoon

Baby Bump? some of my pants are getting a little bit snug and uncomfortable...

Maternity Clothes? I still wear some from when I had Landen, but I can still fit into most of my NON-maternity clothes just fine :)

Cravings: Cottage cheese, oranges, bananas, milk shakes, queso dip

Aversions: onions, smelly things, meats particularly chicken, beef, and pork... I ate a turkey sandwich on Saturday that was AMAZING...

Symptoms: tired, headaches, nausea, extra potty trips during the night, not sleeping well, tummy cramps/pinches/pulls, skin breaking out, laid down on my belly last night and quickly decided otherwise (felt like I was laying on a baseball).

Sleep: It's not great. I keep waking up for no apparent reason in addition to making an extra 1-2 trips to the bathroom during the night.

Gender: I'm still gonna have to say a boy... in reality, we have a while before we know!

Belly Button in or out? Silly question.... definitely in

What I miss: not a whole lot, other than NOT being nauseous all the time and having bruise free arms (getting lab work each week is doing a number on my arms)

Best moment(s) this week: Keith getting me a chocolate milk shake and getting a call from the nurse to let me know the hormone suppliments seem to be working.

What I'm looking forward to: Hearing Peanut's heart beat this afternoon at the doctor's office.

Pictures: (I don't have any pictures of Peanut, but I think Landen deserves some love, too.)




 



Did YOU know:

ol·ive (dictionary)

noun \ˈä-liv, -ləv\

Definition of OLIVE

a : a Mediterranean evergreen tree (Olea europaea of the family Oleaceae, the olive family) cultivated for its drupaceous fruit that is an important food and source of oil; also : the fruit b : any of various shrubs and trees resembling the olive
: any of several colors resembling that of the unripe fruit of the olive tree that are yellowish green
: an oval eminence on each ventrolateral aspect of the medulla oblongata

  1. a sauce made with chopped olives
  2. Does the suit come in olive?

Origin of OLIVE

Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin oliva, from Greek elaia
First Known Use: 13th century

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!