About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Peanut is the size of an Prune


Your Baby: Week 10 (Baby Fruit)

 
Baby's now the size of a prune!
With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.)
> Read more about baby this week
Doctor's Report: My due date is 3/20/11. There is a good chance I'll have pre-eclampsia again (sad and scary). The doppler can only pick up heartbeats at 11+ weeks, so we didn't get to hear Peanut's heart this time. Doctor is willing to do a VBAC if that is an option when the time comes.

OK, now for the General Baby Posts:

How Far Along? 10 weeks 0 days

Total weight gain: Well, since the last time I weighed myself BEFORE getting pregnant... about 8 pounds, but I have no idea if that's baby weight or variations in scales, or both... I think I am going to start with what I weighed on Tuesday at my appointment.

Baby Bump? some of my pants are getting snug and my belly isn't pleased when things (clothes, belts, LANDEN, etc) push on it

Maternity Clothes? I still wear some from when I had Landen, but I can still fit into most of my NON-maternity clothes  :)

Cravings: Zaxby's Zalad (buffalo dipped chicken with ranch dressing), milk, juice, milk shakes, queso dip, baked potato
Aversions: onions, smelly things, meats (for the most part) 

Symptoms: tired, headaches, nausea, extra potty trips during the night, not sleeping well, tummy cramps,  thirsty, and I am having youthful looking skin! (aka skin breaking out like crazy!)
Sleep: dreams are starting to get weird... really weird, waking up multiple times for no reason, 1-2 potty trips during the night

Gender: probably gonna be a boy
Belly Button in or out? definitely in

What I miss: food tasting normal, not feeling nauseous all the time!

Best moment(s) this week: Doctor's appointment on Tuesday when we found out that the hormone suppliments are working really well... I still have to continue the suppliments, but I don't have to continue getting blood drawn weekly! WOOHOO! and Keith getting me a Zalad from Zaxby's! I ate the whole thing in one setting! ... AND My sister found out yesterday that she is having a little girl!!! :)

What I'm looking forward to: hearing Peanut's heart beat

Pictures: (I don't have any new pictures of Peanut)



The food comparison:

prune (dictionary)

noun \ˈprün\

Definition of PRUNE
: a plum dried or capable of drying without fermentation

Middle English, from Anglo-French, plum, from Latin prunum — more at plum
First Known Use: 14th century

Other Food Terms

Reuben, calamari, chuck, curry, edamame, foie gras, hummus, leaven, nonpareil, peel

Rhymes with PRUNE


Browse

Next Word in the Dictionary: prunella
Previous Word in the Dictionary: Prunaceae
All Words Near: prune
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!