About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Peanut is the size of a Lime!


Week 11: Lime (Food Comparison)

Your baby is now the size of a lime!
Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessel shows right through. But, fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.

Doctor's Report: My hormones are doing great. I will finish the progesterone suppliments this week and then I am DONE! Unless you have experienced these little treats yourself, you have NO IDEA how exciting it is to see an end in sight! Not to mention the fact that this means baby is safer, I'm approaching the end of my 1st trimester, and my chances of miscarriage are about to drop significantly!!


General Baby Posts:

How Far Along? 11 weeks 0 days

Total weight gain: I have no idea... I'll answer this after my next doctor's appt
Baby Bump? yeah... it's already fairly obvious I'm pregnant.
Maternity I am wearing maternity pants now because my belly isn't pleased when things (clothes, belts, LANDEN, etc) push on it; about the middle of last week, my belly had a growth spurt and really anything none stretchy (pants-wise) just doesn't fit well.
Cravings: milk, juice, baked potato, Cinnamon Toast Crunch (weird I KNOW! I haven't even eaten these in YEARS!), steak
Aversions: onions, smelly things, meats (for the most part) 

Symptoms: tired, headaches, nausea (getting better), extra potty trips during the night, not sleeping well, tummy cramps,  thirsty, and my skin is broken out, Nesting?!?! (frantically looking for baby bottle parts so Peanut can use Landen's old bottles.... in MARCH! Ha!)
Sleep: dreams are weird... really weird, waking up multiple times for no reason, 1-2 potty trips during the night

Gender: don't know
Belly Button in or out? definitely in

What I miss: food tasting normal
Best moment(s) this week: just hanging out with Keith and Landen and learning that my journey with hormone suppliments is almost over!!! WOOHOO!
What I'm looking forward to: hearing Peanut's heart beat

Concerns: I am really concerned about the birth of this baby. I know I have a ways to go, but after having an emergency C-section with Landen this is really weighing on me. God willing, Keith and I would like to have more children in the future; that said, if you have a 2nd C-section the doctor's won't even let you attempt a VBAC. The more C-section scars a woman has, the higher the chances of complications with the placenta and uterine rupture. Also, C-sections are NOT a fun recovery and with me being the sole income provider, I'll need to return to work asap.  Keith and I are praying that this baby can be born free of complications and by the method nature prefers. Your prayers in this matter would be greatly appreciated!!

Pictures:
Sweet Landen with Mommy
Mommy's almost never make it in the pictures because they're taking the pictures!

Word Facts of the Compared Fruit:


**Please notice the 5 next to the word lime - when I looked up the word lime, there were 4 other definitions that appeared BEFORE the fruit definition. The first being some sort of "caustic highly infusable solid... when I hear the word lime, I think the little green round fruit that makes awesome pies... strange.)

Definition of LIME

1: the small globose yellowish green fruit of a widely cultivated spiny tropical Asian citrus tree (Citrus aurantifolia) with a usually acid juicy pulp used as a flavoring agent and as a source of vitamin C
2: a tree that bears limes

Origin of LIME

Middle French, from Spanish lima, from Arabic līma, līm
First Known Use: 1583 <----- what did they call it before that?

Other Food Terms

Reuben, calamari, chuck, curry, edamame, foie gras, hummus, leaven, nonpareil, peel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!