About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

We made it to a new week! (Peanut is the size of a Mango)

We survived! Last week, well, it was not good. Let's recap: (not for the faint of heart, or little eyes...)
  1. Landen was sick - Tuesday doctor appointment - double ear infection, sinus infection, and a cold
  2. Landen got worse before getting better - Wednesday staying home - fever hovered in the 103-104*F range and he was SUPER needy/pitiful/fussy/SICK! + absolute refusal of any and all food & drink
  3. ER Trip - Wednesday night... ugh - High fever + refusal of food/drink = extreme dehydration
  4. Home at last - Thursday morning - After several rounds of IV fluids, a full night in the ER, a catheter, medicine, fever breaking, and 25 hours since most recent wet diaper... He peed!! Yippy! We come home and sleep! Day #2 of missing work.
  5. Nightmare - Thursday night - I make my way to the restroom (a frequent occurance with me being pregnant and all) only to discover blood, a substantial amount of it! I panic! => Call the after hours line and speak to the On Call doctor who assures me that it is good news that I am not having major cramping, but that I need to lay flat (no propping) and rest until morning; at which point I have to see my doctor and get an ultrasound.
  6. Doctor's Office - Friday morning - I go to the Ultrasound office (scared to death might I add). The ladies were super nice and led me to a separate waiting room. Then, rather than the regular U/S Tech, a specialist came to get me and performed my U/S (she is an MD, PhD). After doing multiple measurements, scans, and other things (of which I don't know what exactly they were) we learned that Peanut is totally fine!! Ultimately, we still don't know the cause of the bleeding. Strict bedrest through the weekend.
Week 19: Mango

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

Doctor's Report: Bedrest through the weekend and Monday. Back to work on Tuesday, with some restrictions: no lifting (not even 21lb. Landen... BOO!), rest as much as possible, do not push myself, don't stand/walk for extended periods of time.

General Pregnancy Stuff:
  1. How far along: 19 weeks 1 day
  2. Total weight gain: -7 (lost another 2lbs)
  3. Baby bump: Yes, and if I don't know you then don't touch it... that's just weird!
  4. Maternity clothes: Of course. The rubber band trick does still work though!
  5. Movement: I have felt some bumps and knocks, but with the placenta completely covering the front of my uterus I'm not going to feel as much as I otherwise would.
  6. Cravings: Bland stuff and MILK!
  7. Aversions: Spicy, meats (for the most part), sweets, and random stuff that I don't realize sounds terrible until I am presented with it...
  8. Symptoms: Elevated blood pressure, unexplained bleeding, cramping (i.e. feels like a charley-horse but it's in my stomach), headaches, fingers and feet beginning to swell (nice and early this time), TIRED, back aches, sciatic pains...
  9. Sleep: Ha!
  10. Gender: In case there were ANY questions, Fridays ultrasound reconfirmed that Peanut is most definitely a boy!
  11. Belly button: In
  12. What I miss: You have no idea how hard it is to NOT pick up Landen!! It's torcher... :(
  13. What I'm looking forward to: Figuring out a name for Peanut
  14. Concerns: My health for the duration of this pregnancy, my job (in relation to this pregnancy), Landen thinking I don't love him as much because I can't pick him up or play with him as much.
  15. Blessings: Peanut is healthy, Landen is recovering, I'm not on permanent bed rest, Our friends bringing us dinner (huge help physically, emotionally, and financially!)!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry!! What a rough ending to a week! I hope this week is much better, and I'm glad to hear that everyone is okay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!