
Week 14: Lemon (Food Comparison)
Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.
So, I realize this food comparison thing has peaches as being smaller than lemons, but peaches around here can get pretty large... and lemons? well, they just aren't that big.
This past week:
- Monday: EXTREMELY VIVID DREAM - I dreamed that I'm having twins ::YIKES::
- Tuesday: Doctor's apointment - Just ONE baby! Every thing looks good! Next appt is on my birthday.
- Wednesday: Believe it or not, I felt Peanut flutter (not strong enough to catagorize as a kick or punch) for the first time!!
- Thursday: Got in the car to come to work... car wouldn't crank.... NO GAS! Thanks, Keith. On the bright side, Keith and I got to carpool = more time together :)
- Friday: We spent the wee hours of Friday morning in the Children's Hospital ER. Landen had a high fever, was limp, and not responding normally. He's doing a little better, but he is STILL running a fever... sick babies are just plain pitiful!
- Saturday: Keith's mom kept Landen. Keith and I went to the Alabama Game! Keith had never been to UA, much less one of the games. It was so much fun! It's nice to have a date every now and then
- Sunday: Slept through the 8am service, so we went to the 9:30am service at Church, where we are continuing the "At the Movies" series. It's so awesome to see God's truth in everyday life. Went to small group Bible study... Our small group is such a blessing! It is so inspiring and rejuvinating to fellowship, worship and study with them!
- Monday: Keith took Landen to the doctor. Apparently he is having a long, drawn-out, adverse reaction to his MMR vaccine. He is still running a fever, extremely fussy, and just not himself.
Pregnancy Stuff:
- How far along: 14 weeks 0 days
- Total weight gain: -3 lbs
- Baby bump: Yep. Landen actually tried to push my stomach out of his way when he wanted to climb in my lap. Ha!
- Maternity clothes: Maternity pants. MOST of my regular person shirts are still fitting
- Movement: Occasionally I can feel a little flutter. Bonus of not being a 1st pregnancy: recognizing feelings/sensations for what they are!
- Cravings: Milk, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Mustard Greens, Nachos, French Fries - This baby is not seeming to have the same healthy-food taste bud that Landen had...
- Aversions: HOTDOGS!, Litter Cake (not that I ate it, but I read about it and almost got sick), onions, meat
- Symptoms: Tired, SOME nausea, thirsty, hungry, emotional, uncontrollable nose bleeds, tummy/back cramps
- Sleep: I would love to go to sleep RIGHT NOW! :)
- Gender: Well, I tried the stupid pencil test and you know what it did? NOTHING. Not a stinking thing. I guess we just have to be patient.
- Belly button: In
- What I miss: Definitely my brain! I keep using the wrong words in a sentence, good thing everyone I know has a good sense of humor!! Example: What I MEANT to say, "She is so lucky that she was able to do that!" What I ACTUALLY said, "She is so ugly that she was able to do that!" OOPS!!! Again, I AM SO SO SOOOOOO SORRY!! Luckily she knows I would NEVER SAY THAT, and that she is beautiful (inside and out). It ended up being the laugh of the office for the rest of the day.
- Best moment(s) of this week: Feeling Peanut flutter. Having a Roll Tide date with Keith.
- What I'm looking forward to: When Keith and Landen get to feel Peanut kick/move. My next apointment, when we get to have the UltraSound done - and hopefully Peanut will cooperated long enough for us to know if it is a HE or SHE!
- Concerns: Childcare for Landen (and eventually Peanut). Non-existant Maternity Leave for me. Developing Pre-eclampsia again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments!