Well, it's Wednesday! Which means..... WE ARE HALFWAY TO THE WEEKEND!! WOOHOO!
I say this, not because I want to seem like I am wishing my life away from one weekend to the next, but because this week has been ROUGH!
- My mom, who usually keeps Landen while I'm at work (and keith's in school) has been sick... terrible for her & highly inconvenient for us!
- Landen is still running a fever... yep! This is day # 7 for fever running. I think that one of these days he will wake up as the love-child of tylenol and motrin... talk about a gooey mess!
- With my mom unable to keep our fever monster, we have had to go to some desparate measures...
- Keith skipping class meetings (NOT GOOD FOR GRAD SCHOOL)
- Leaving Landen with various family members... even while THEY are working (from home)
- Depending on Keith's brothers to pick up and drop off Landen at "school"... it's a scary thought that gives me chills
- Calling a Thomas-Family friend, who is in town visiting her mother (who had surgery) to take care of OUR child two of the days she is in town... Bless her! She is going to help us!!
- Keith and I have come to the conclusion, much to our own disappointment, that we HAVE to find some full-time childcare. This presents a problem (or 500)...
- the cost of childcare is ABSURD!! I mean, i can't work without having childcare, but we will altogether have to forfiet food/housing/necessities in order to pay for said childcare
- The only childcare facility that we have visited thus far that meets my (mom, elementary teacher, OCD about a few things...) standards actually costs MORE than my total weekly income....
- I hate the idea of my child not being cared for by me, or a family member who loves him to a somewhat similar level as me (or Keith, of course)
- Whatever childcare we DO find, will also be needed for Peanut... at which point the cost will entirely wipe out all of our income, savings, and hope for food/shelter/necessities for the rest of our lives... okay, maybe that's a little exagerated, BUT STILL!
- I am so tired that I am beginning to think there MAY be a sloth or slug somewhere in my genetic line...
- Sleep is something that I not only need and want, but it is something that is proving to do little more than irritate me as I wake up 62768436541 times during the night, have crazy nightmare-ish dreams, and cannot get comfortable
- I am SERIOUSLY craving a Zaxby's House Zalad, with the fried chicken dipped in hot sauce and with ranch dressing... is your mouth watering like mine is? Ok, you can get one too, IF you bring me one!!! and NO i don't want to know how many calories are in this delectible heaven of a meal!
And... Yes! Landen's FAVORITE place to play and sit and dance and everything else... is on our coffee table!
![]() |
| "Hey" |
![]() |
| You can't hear it, but he is saying, "bbbbbrrrrrrrmmmmmmm bbbbbbbrrrrrrrmm," as he pushes his car. |
![]() |
| Check out that big'ole toothy, drooling smile -> you'd have no idea he has a fever and is rediculously fussy! |



Poor little guy!! My little guy has had a fever since Wednesday too, and it's just pitiful!! I hope he feels better soon, and that y'all are able to find your childcare perfect solution!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rachel! His fever has FINALLY broken! We are just praying for God to clear the way for our childcare situation!
ReplyDelete