
Your fetus, about 2.9 inches long and weighs about .81 ounces, is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)
Doctor's Report: I had my doctor's appointment yesterday. I have lost weight. Peanut's heart rate was 156 bpm. My next appointment is on October 4 (my birthday), at which point I will have my next ultrasound and hopefully find out if Peanut is a boy or a girl! YAY!
General Baby Posts:
How Far Along? 13 weeks 0 days
How Far Along? 13 weeks 0 days
Total weight gain: I'm in the negative! Nothing like good ole' fashion nausea!
Baby Bump? yeah... it's obvious I'm pregnant. Carrying Landen is getting weird... neither of us knows quite where to position his leg when he's on my hip.
Maternity Clothes: yep! Well, maternity pants. I can still wear regular tops.
Cravings: milk, juice, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, mustard greens
Aversions: onions, smelly things, meats (for the most part)
Symptoms: tired, headaches (Ugh... MIGRANE), occasional nausea, extra potty trips during the night, not sleeping well, tummy cramps, thirsty, and a little moody
Sleep: dreams are weird... and progressively getting weirder, waking up multiple times for no reason, 1-2 potty trips during the night
Gender: don't know... I KEEP FORGETTING TO DO THE PENCIL TEST.
Belly Button in or out? definitely in
What I miss: I don't know? My brain?
Best moment(s) this week: Painting, spending time with Keith and Landen, walking in the beautiful weather!
What I'm looking forward to: hearing Peanut's heart beat this afternoon.
Concerns: My non-existant maternity leave and getting pre-eclampsia again!
Life:
- Landen went to the park with his daddy on Saturday (I had a migrane and stayed home). He got into an ant bed, and the ants took no pity on him... :( The poor thing has welps on his feet and legs.
- Landen's 15 mos appointment was Friday. He is 21.5 lbs, 31 inches tall, and his big ole' noggin is 19 inches around.
- Keith and I started our small group Bible study on Sunday night. We are reading The Relationship Principles of Jesus by Tom Holladay. I am only 1 day into the reading, but it seems like it's going to be pretty awesome.
- I started reading 1 Chronicles. WHOA. Maybe God teaches us patience through reading books like Chronicles (& Numbers for that matter)... I did happen to notice that there is a well known warrior named Nimrod (1 Chronicles 1:10)... You may not get anything from that, but it flat cracks me up! Can't you imagine being afraid of the Mighty, Fiersom Nimrod? Ha!
- Okra that is frozen cooks differently than Okra that is NOT frozen... issues with fried okra
Nimrod.. awesome.
ReplyDeleteI hope your nausea passes soon!! I had all kinds of nausea with my second (and first, but not as bad) - it was SO not fun!!