Friday Night -
Landen has a cold = snot everywhere, fussy, snorting and SNORING. He has trouble calming down, clearly a direct result of difficulty swallowing with a non-functioning nose combined with a slight fever and inability to use his paci/lay horizontal for lack of air flow.
He get overly tired... but can't sleep
In an attempt to calm him down and pacify the paci-less child, we put him in the bed with us and try cuddling. In my sadly mistaken opinion, cuddling constitutes a relaxing and comfortable state of peace. WRONG! Landen viewed this attempt as intolerable straight-jacket restriction of all sense of freedom. In his attempt to break free from this torturous state, Landen leans himself forward to gain enough momentum for his backward full-body-arching head butt to break himself loose. Which in and of itself WOULD have elicited said freedom from my arms (especially seeing how the straight-jacket like restriction was merely a figment of his perception); BUT this violent revolt was directly taken out on my nose! He did in-fact break free while also quite possibly breaking mommy dearests nose! At which point I have no recollection of what happened to said child, for the unbelievable pain/tears/jumbling of words/etc led to daddy removing child from mommy's presence...
Saturday-
Saturday is our day to FINALLY celebrate my birthday! Bruising, swelling, and all!
We take Landen to my parents house so Keith and I can get some wonderful Stix lunch, and it was, some WONDERFUL Stix lunch! YUM! While we were there, it occurred to us that we don't really know how to have date conversations... I mean, we know what's going on in each other's lives (duh!), we always talk about Keith's school/my work/Landen/groceries/chores... What do people talk about?! Anyway, it was a great meal date! :)
As we were leaving the restaurant, my mom sent me a text saying that Landen was asleep. SO... in our freedom from the child and actual free time, we got adventurous: we went to the Dollar Tree... ha! Seriously though, I really wanted to get Landen some big fat crayons and I knew they had them for cheap. Then we decided to watch a movie, (and with movie tickets being priced slightly above outrageous) we went for some Netflix. FYI: I should never be allowed to choose a movie. ever.
After the worst, stupidest, Norwegian (with English Subtitle), B list (if that), movie... we went to pick up Landen.
As it turns out, our little snot producing climber face planted off my parent's ottoman while we were watching the previously mentioned movie... They didn't tell us, even once we got there to pick him up, they didn't even say a word until I looked at my poor child, and ASKED... upon looking at him, I noticed something didn't seem right - other than the constant flow of snot and drool - no, my child is now part unicorn... how on EARTH did he get a horn in the middle of his forehead? well, diving off the ottoman and face planting on the hardwood, of course. no big deal.
Anyway, we watched part of the Alabama game at my parents house and then retreated back to our place to ::hopefully:: put our 3 foot walking germ to bed. no luck. Landen eventually ended in our bed = mommy gets no sleep for fear of: a) daddy rolling over child during the night, b) Landen somehow slamming into mommy's already swollen discolored nose.
Sunday-
The booger monster seemed to be feeling a little better. He and daddy went to church, while mommy attended church online.... I didn't want to deal with walking in public as the sleep deprived pregnant women with broken nose holding on to the boogery unicorn. I simply could not handle encountering anyone from the "awkwardly intense busybody club" species, a species that I highly doubt will EVER make it onto the endangered species list.
After church, Keith's brothers came over to celebrate my birthday... Keith's mom was sick so (due to the unbelievably short list of medicine approved for pregnant women) we avoided any additional germs by staying home. Lunch was great. We had fun. Nothing beats family fun.
Then Landen, in an apparent effort to keep up with the rest of the weekend, through his sippy cup over the outside baby gate and took a dive OVER one of our baby gates landing face down on the gate and deck... ugh! Blood. Everywhere. Screaming baby. Frantic Daddy/Uncles. No missing teeth. No serious damage. BIG FAT BUSTED TOP LIP on my sweet snotting/drooling/whimpering Unicorn of a child.
After that (and all the cleaning up involved) we went to our small group Bible study... broken child in tow. It went well, Landen played and fell asleep in the car on the way home. Happy ending after all.
Monday-
O Monday........ I may be a little grateful to be out of the disaster-prone weekend... but wait it's the work week.
Make-up-ing a broken nose is anything but pleasant. Off to a good start.
Then there's people: Don't you just love how people always ask how your weekend/day/night/whatever was? I mean, we all know that politely you should say, "O, it was great! How was yours?" I know that no one actually deserves to be bombarded with the true answer to this... but MAN I definitely ran it through my head a few times before actually saying, "It was pretty good. Thanks."
Then as I am beginning to get my head screwed on (somewhat) straight, I get cornered. in the bathroom. by none other than Ms. Busybody herself, no not the one at Michael's; the one in the 12th floor women's bathroom. the one who not only begins to discuss pregnancy weight distribution, proceeded by a very detailed account of HER L&D experiences, but continues to tell me that I look extremely tired and therefore really should start taking care of myself if i want this pregnancy to go well. excuse me, DO I KNOW YOU!? No. Go away.
Thank goodness for blogging, to really allow the truth to come out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh MY what a weekend!!! You poor thing - that is WAY too much to have to deal with in one weekend, especially ending with a busybody telling you what to do! I hope tonight is perfectly calm, relaxing, and peaceful. You deserve it!!
ReplyDelete