About Me

My photo
The Lord never ceases to amaze and bless me (and my family). Though there have been many unexpected, seemingly overwhelming events in my life, God always provides a way, meeting and exceeding any need I may have. I long to know God more each day, to become the Godly woman, wife, and mother he so passionately desires me to be. This requires extensive training from God. For this reason, I am a perpetual student of the Lord. He is constantly molding and training me as His child; a wife, friend, coworker, daughter, sister, and mother; to be more like Him. In a similar way, along with my amazing husband, I hope to be a Godly example for our children and raise them in such a way that sparks an urgent desire for them to know and long for a personal relationship with the Lord our God.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Peanut is the size of an Avocado (Revised)

Week 16: Avocado



Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender.


General Update: Keith was sick over the weekend, so we weren't able to celebrate my birthday as planned. He is feeling better, but is still not back to his normal energetic self. Despite that, Keith went to the store in the middle of the night last night to get me a bouquet of flowers (WITH sunflowers! My FAVORITE), starbursts, and a sweet card!! He is SUCH a thoughtful, wonderful husband!

Doctor's Appointment: My blood pressure is staying under control (124/72); Peanut's heartrate is strong and healthy (160 bpm). Peanut is 5 inches long and weighs 5 oz, with head on my right side and feet on my left side. Next appointment is November 1st.
I was signing in at the doctor's office and I could not, for the life of me, figure out the date... IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY! I should know what day it was!! <- Pregnancy makes me stupid!!


Pregnancy Stuff:

  1. How far along: 16 weeks 0 days 16 weeks 1 day
  2. Total weight gain: I'll know this afternoon :) -5 lbs
  3. Baby bump: Yep. No doubt about it.
  4. Maternity clothes: Most of the stuff I'm wearing these days falls under the Maternity catagory...
  5. Movement: Occasionally I can feel a little flutter.
  6. Cravings: Milk, Lemon Pie, Stix Favorite = Japanese-side Steak meal… Keith took me to Zaxby’s Friday after work to quench one of my cravings!
  7. Aversions: Diapers, Bacon, Bratwursts’ (YUCK!), Hamburgers, Onions, etc.  
  8. Symptoms: So tired!, thirsty, hungry, emotional, MOODY, nosebleeds, and tummy/back cramps, headaches
  9. Sleep:  Have I ever gotten a good night's sleep? I can't remember.
  10. Gender: HOPEFULLY we will know this afternoon!!! IT'S A BOY!!!
  11. Belly button: In
  12. What I miss: Energy, my brain, etc. - I lose, forget, misunderstand, & screwup EVERYTHING!!!
  13. Best moment(s) of this week: Getting to eat Zaxby’s, Landen saying, “Uh Oh”, watching Alabama annihilate Florida… ROLL TIDE!!  
  14. What I'm looking forward to: THIS AFTERNOON’s doctor appointment and ultrasound!!  Choosing a name
  15. Concerns: Childcare for Landen (and eventually Peanut). Non-existant Maternity Leave for me. Developing Pre-eclampsia again.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Boys are so precious, aren't they?? They realllllly love their Mammas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachel! They absolutely are precious!! I'm really excited!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!